Keith Haring was a postmodern artist in the late 1900's. Haring started out as a graffiti artist and tagged his symbols the crawling baby and barking dog all over New York. Haring's work usually challenges society, world events and involve his homosexuality and later his experience through AIDS.
Haring's Art Making Practice:
- crawling baby and barking dog symbols.
- questions world events such as race/colour discrimination.
- challenges discrimination against homosexuality.
- incorporated beliefs and values of technology, such as television, nuclear power, computers and etc.
- incorporated beliefs of aliens.
- use of single line, cartoon-like drawing.
(http://www.haring.com/, date accessed 27.04.2015)